You hear it on the radio, you see it on TV, in newspapers, on hoardings, buses, at bus stops – in short, it’s everywhere around you (as it should be) – Mutual Funds Sahi Hai. But why? And why has this phrase gained so much popularity? Let’s take a look.
Mutual Funds Sahi Hai is a campaign initiated by the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI). The aim of this campaign is to encourage people to invest and build wealth for their future through one of the most promising investment avenues – Mutual Funds. Mutual Funds Sahi Hai is the catchphrase of this campaign, which translates into Mutual Funds are right for you.
Before we answer the ‘why’ of mutual funds, let’s go back to the most fundamental question:
What are mutual funds?
A mutual fund is an investment product that pools money from many people and invests it in a wide variety of stocks, bonds, and other investments. They are managed by ‘fund managers,’ who are experts at managing money and investments. To know more, read ‘What is a mutual fund and why should you invest in it?’
Why Mutual Funds Sahi Hai?
Mutual funds are a great way to build wealth for your long term goals, as they have the potential to deliver higher returns compared to most other investment avenues. Unlike other investment options, mutual funds give you the flexibility to choose your own fund, your investment amount, duration and date, based on your needs and risk appetite. So whatever be your goal, you’re sure to find a fund that’s tailored for you; a custom scheme for your every need. Need a little more information? Read ‘7 reasons why you should invest in mutual funds.’
The best part? You can start investing in mutual funds with as little as Rs. 1,000 through Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs). So saving less than Rs. 35 a day can actually help you build great wealth for your goals. And there’s no upper limit when it comes to increasing your investment amount. The more you invest, the higher the effect of compounding, and the closer you get to achieving your goals.
So what should you keep in mind while investing in mutual funds? Here are 3 important factors that help your financial success:
- Starting early – The earlier you start, the more you earn – thanks to the power of compounding. Start today!
- Disciplined investing – Investing regularly inculcates disciplined investing. When you invest regularly, you’re making sure you diligently set aside some of your income for your goals. To make things simple, start a SIP and relax!
Additional Reading: 7 reasons to start a SIP.
- Staying invested – Money needs time to grow. When you stay invested in mutual funds, through all ups and downs, for your goals, you’re giving it time to grow. Rome wasn’t built in a day and the same holds good for your investments too. Give them time to grow.
Additional Reading: Time can be your friend, if…
How to get started with Mutual Funds?
Picking the right funds for your goals could be tricky, regardless of your knowledge of mutual funds. Everyone has advice on what to do with your money. However, no two investment portfolios are the same. People who give you their two cents to make your portfolio better, might not actually know your risk appetite and goals. Hence, it is better to do some research on your own or, better yet, listen to your trusted financial advisor, and then decide.
At FundsIndia, we help investors achieve their financial dreams by helping them pick and invest in the right funds for their needs. We also offer the best of both worlds: expert personal investment advisory services, and a comprehensive, technology-driven advisory service named Money Mitr – India’s first robo-advisory service.
The best part is, it’s all free-for-life! We offer investors the smartest and most convenient platform to invest and build wealth for their future!
Mutual fund investing has evolved over time to help investors from all walks of life realise their dreams. Make the most of it by taking action today!
Mutual Funds Sahi Hai, Aur Mutual Funds ke liye, SIRF FundsIndia Sahi Hai!
Join our family of over 1 million happy customers! Open your FundsIndia account today!
- Wealth Conversations – February 2024
- India Interim Budget FY25 – Continued Emphasis on Capex and Fiscal Consolidation
- The Girl Who Felt No Pain and the Indian Investor
- Removal of restriction on Lumpsum subscriptions in WhiteOak Capital Multi Cap Fund
- Change to the scheme name of Parag Parikh Tax Saver Fund to Parag Parikh ELSS Tax Saver Fund