TCS Ltd. – Pioneer of IT Sector
Established in 1968 as a division of Tata Sons, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Limited is currently the largest Indian IT services company. The company pioneered the concept of offshore IT services in 1974 and emerged as an integrated full-service provider with a global footprint. TCS is a part of the Tata Group, with Tata Sons holding a 72.3% equity share (as on March 31, 2022) in the company. A part of the Tata group, India’s largest multinational business group, TCS has over 592,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 55 countries. The workforce continues to be very diverse, comprising 157 nationalities and with women making up 35.7% of the base.
From a long-term perspective, we believe TCS has built a resilient business model by securing multiple long-term contracts with the world’s leading brands. Given TCS size, order book and exposure to long duration orders and portfolio, it is well positioned to withstand the weakening macro environment and ride on the anticipated industry growth. Hence, we recommend an ACCUMULATE rating in the stock with the target price (TP) of Rs.3680, 28x FY24E EPS.
If you are new to FundsIndia, open your FREE investment account with us and enjoy lifelong research-backed investment guidance.
Other articles you may like
- Wealth Conversations – February 2024
- India Interim Budget FY25 – Continued Emphasis on Capex and Fiscal Consolidation
- The Girl Who Felt No Pain and the Indian Investor
- Removal of restriction on Lumpsum subscriptions in WhiteOak Capital Multi Cap Fund
- Change to the scheme name of Parag Parikh Tax Saver Fund to Parag Parikh ELSS Tax Saver Fund